Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ingrid Pitt: Happy Birthday To Hammer's Queen Of Horror


Ingrid Pitt (Born: Ingoushka Petrov)
(November 21, 1937-November 23, 2010)
                                                                      

Ingrid Pitt. What can you say about her? Not enough, I'm afraid. The truth of the matter is that I am doing this blog at the last minute; as I am running quite low on time. I planned on writing a nice, long piece about her last night. But, between work, a cat needing lots attention and the fact that it is the week of Thanksgiving, the last twenty-four hours of my life have been quite busy. Nonetheless, I just could not allow this special day to go by without recognizing Ingrid on what would have been her 75th.. In another month or so, I plan to give her due credit here on this page. Until then, this is my small attempt at a small tribute to this amazingly talented creature.
It was a sad day on November 23, 2010, just two days after turning 73, when the world lost Miss Ingoushka Petrov after she collapsed. For many of us who grew-up on these great films as children in the 1970's, and watching most of our horror on 1980's television screens,we can remember the "pretty lady" that gave us the creeps. As adults, we appreciate the phenomenon that was Ingrid Pitt; the perfect, quintessential blend of horror and sexuality. Perhaps with the exception of Barbara Steele, no other female horror star,before or since, has achieved the same status within the genre as her male counterparts, as the legendary Ingrid Pitt.



















  

1 comment:

Cliff said...

All hail, the Great Ingrid! Here's my appreciation:

https://bmoviebabes.blogspot.com/2016/10/5-ingrid-pitt.html